Pages

Blogger's Night at Genee's

My mom told me, two days before, about his friend's, Rey Billena, newly opened eating place, Genee, which is located at the corner of Matalam Avenue and Pendatun Avenue next to the Fire Department. I had no idea how it looks so we both decided to visit the place after my political science class last night. She brought with her my little sister and, of course, I treated them. It was already past 7:30pm when we arrived and I was amazed with what I saw.


Even from afar, you can already see their trademark or logo, in general, which is a cartooned tuna. My first step inside the place awed me when I saw the wall design of an aerial shot of General Santos City. Beside it was the elucidation of what Genee means, what is it about and what kind of experience will you get. Random collection of pictures of Generals were posted above the aerial shot of the city. The lights were fine but what's nice about their lights is that they're enclosed in a fixed wooden fish symbol, just like their logo. The seats were comfortable not to mention the big letter G on your back.



Later on, the food were served by pleasing waiters. And since we're already talking about food, I must say their foods are absolutely affordable. Genee is priding itself on GenSan's tuna. Nonetheless, they still serve chicken and bangus. Halo-halo, Ice cream, shake, juice and other sweet dishes were never unavailable in their set of choices.



After having my stomach full, I noticed a group of people having their social event. I thought I saw sir Avel of Bariles Republic, Rammyboi of Otaku's Notes, Tanchi of A Southern Shutter, Nate Marx of Inquiry to Mystification and Rosilie of Rosilie: My Blog. I didn't recognize Sheng of Anything Goes and Ayel of Musika Central instantly though. Ooppss. I think they're having a Blogger's night. I know that mom and Sir Avel are friends but sir Avel doesn't know that I am ebang bloghuntress. While mom and sir Avel were having their little chitchat, I started feeling nervous that moment because I surely know that mom will reveal my true identity to Sir Avel. And without any uncertainty, she really did. Err. Since sir Avel asked me to join them, I sat between Rammyboi and Ayel, who is blogging live.



Yes, you've read and seen it right. Ayel was instantaneously blogging that night and Tammy was, well most probably surfing the net or blogging, maybe, since Genee is a WiFi hotspot. This place might be the next place where all web people chill out and unfold their laptops. For sure the breeze of the air will help them relax for a moment.

After those pictorials and little chitchats, Nate Marx ended the night with his special skills in magic before sir Avel had a short meeting. He just reminded all of us to spread the good news! I mean, since I am a blogger and of course I am not the only blogger here in GenSan or in any region of this country, be sociable. Also, given that you, a part of a blogger society, blog about social events or even the latest news on the block. Though it's the least that a blogger can do, it is definitely a big help in making our city known to the world.



So if you are a SOCCSKSARGEN or mindanao blogger, I am encouraging you to join Soccsksargen Bloggers. A community site for south central mindanao bloggers created by Mr. Bariles.


Be a member, and be known!



** Photos grabbed from Rosilie, Kyawster and sir Avel.

20 comments:

Tanchi said...

haha...buti nabuking.
ebang bloghuntress:)
*peace*

jes said...

haha! bad. tsk! sige lang, enjoy naman eh. haha.

Rea said...

hi jes! wow ha, i was there last night. i didn't know na yun pla yung dating oval grill. pinasunod lang ako ng mama ko after i arrived from davao. hehe

at wifi pala dun? di ko napansin. hehe. infairness, pleasing nga ang mga waiters *wink* haha.

nway, tnx for dropping by my page.

Rea said...

AND jes!

thanks for the link. i'll link back to your blog too. yahoo.

take care :D

jes said...

oo nga ate eh, na-shock nalang din ako nung narinig ko rin sa news about it. hindi narin kasi ako masyado lumalabas eh. yep, wifi dun. and yea, pleasing nga sila - smiling faces which is a great thing para bumalik ang clients nila.

surething, no prob ate. take care too! :)

djtammy said...

hahaha. Hi Jes. Ako man talaga yun sa pic :)) Nice meeting you. Nest time uli... Ang saya-saya dba :))

jes said...

oo nga eh. didn't expect na masaya pala ang ganun. hehe. (:

Rammyboi said...

@jes: ganda ng post natin ah.. medyo natawa talaga ako nung nilaglag ka ng mom mo. ahahhaha... alam ko nxt tym.. u'll still join us! nyc meeting you personally jes! ^_^

princessngaako said...

perfect. we're also trying to build a blog society here in Dumaguete, especially in Silliman. :)

ayel said...

ayan, naka-comment na ako.

Ganda ng post. just because I was mentioned here. haha. Kidding.

seriously, ang galing. tlgang nag-effort sa post. nice one, jes!

:D

jes said...

@rammyboi: salamat po! :D hainaku, kung gaano ang tuwa mo, ganun ang hiya ko that night. haha! kainis un. LOL. pero ok lang, atleast nagkita2. :D sana mkapunta uli ako. hehe. nice meeting you too!

@ princessngaako: really? that's nice. kaunti pa nga lang kami eh, searching for people pa para the more the merrier. hehe.

@ayel: wew! buti naman at nka`comment ka narin. hehe. salamat salamat. oo, effort tlga with all the editing. haha!

c'eSt la vie said...

Love the place....

Love thE fOod...

wahahha!

e'an said...

hmp ingit ako!

jes said...

@ean: maging active ka gud sa soccsksargen bloggers. hehe.

kyawster said...

nice post... galing ha. kelan pa kaya ako makapag post hehehe... putol kasi line ko kaya tambay muna sa Genee's para makapag online kahit konti...

Lollii-Pii said...

I love the CHAIRS!!!!!!
personalized kasi..
and the served delicacies were mouth-watering. YUmmy!!

jes said...

@kyawster: haha. salamat! yan ang maganda sa mga kainan dito, may mga wifi. advantageous. ^_^

@lollii-pii: yea, i like it too. sana meron ding chair with J at the back. hehe. the halo-halo was great. (:

Gilbert Yap Tan said...

hiya jes, glad to have met you at genee! :) next time mingle para taas imong grade sa recitation. hehehe

jes said...

haha! gani sir. masasanay rin ako! hehe. :D

Rico said...

Wow! Part ka rin pala nito. I also saw a similar post in Sheng's site.