Pages

I will Sing my Heart Out Loud for David Pomeranz

I still don't have a date yet, but David Pomeranz can change that.


I decided to spend a little time bloghunting a while ago but it turned out spending all of my time bloghunting in Bariles' Blog Contest. Well before I read his contest, I've already read his article about David Pomeranz' invasion in General Santos City. I was like, WOAH! Is that for real? So when I saw his blog contest, I did not think twice in joining. I have no reason not to.



As what Bariles posted in his blog, the 57-year-old American singer, composer, lyricist, and writer for musical theatre is coming to town! "Born For You", "King and Queen of Hearts", "On This Day", "Got To Believe In Magic", "Trying to Get the Feeling Again", and "Old Songs" were just some of David Pomeranz' hits. Some of my favorite lines in two of his songs are:


And maybe the old songs
Will bring back the old times
Maybe the old lines will sound new

-------------------------------------------------------------- The Old Songs.


Where did it run to? I thought I'd done all that I could
......................
But whatever I've done, guess I just haven't done it too good
Cause all that's left is
I've been up, down, trying to get the feeling again
All around, trying to get the feeling again
The one that made me shiver, made my knees start to quiver
......................
And I've looked high and low
And everywhere I possibly can
But there's no trying to get the feeling again
It seemed to disappear as fast as it came

--------------------------------------------- Trying to Get the Feeling Again.




He will make our hearts sing out loud on the 14th of February 2009 at the Lagao Gymnasium, General Santos City. Produced by the City Government of GenSan, Dreamwork Ventures and High Frequency Productions, the show was advertised as "A Valentine Affair with David Pomeranz - A Special Kalilangan Festival Presentation".




For the shocking David Pomeranz, the ticket prices were shocking too. It was the cheapest I know for someone like David. P 1,500 (Courtside), P 1,000 (Lower Box) and P350 (Upper Box). Well I was expecting for a 5k ticket.

And since Bariles has this blog contest, I might as well share this to everyone. I don't wanna be selfish anyway. So visit Bariles' "The David Pomeranz Concert in GenSan Blog Contest for Mindanaoans" and just make sure that you follow the mechanics. Five lucky winners will receive a VIP Pass worth P1,500 and a Gift Certificate worth P1,ooo at Grab-a-Crab Restaurant and Coffee Club 101.

Dating David wouldn't be that bad anyway..?




Tickets to “A Valentine’s Affair with David Pomeranz” are available at Coffee Dream KCC, Grab A Crab Restaurant, Coffee Club 101, MISO, East Asia Royale Hotel and ABS-CBN Office at Purok Malakas. For inquiries, please contact telephone #s (083) 303-0060, 0919-8912259 or 0917-3639191. Or log on at http://www.ticketbox.com.ph.

8 comments:

payatot said...

got to believe in magic, tell me how two people find each other...napakanta ata ako ah..

salamat sa pagdaan sa munting tahanan ni payatot..siguro'y ipapaubaya ko na lang sa iba ang contest na yan..sa ganon, mas makakatulong ako..

medyo mura na rin si david ano? pero ok pa naman ang mga songs nya..add mo ko ha!

jes said...

hehe. oo nga, okay parin siya. kahit na hindi ko panahon ang mga kanta niya'y napapakanta parin ako.

gusto ko ang ticket. pero mas gusto ko ang gift certificate. hehe. (:

Ayel said...

Hi, Jes! Wla ka pa rin bang date? Sayang nasa Zambo ako nyan eh. :( Hehe.

Thanks for dropping by my monetized blog. My main blog is http://ariellalisan.org

Nice meeting you!

sheng said...

hi jes, 'twas nice meeting you last night, so cool that bloggers could meet and be acquainted with. hope to see more of you in the next coming Gensan bloggers' affairs.

jes said...

@ payatot: walang anuman! oo nga eh, mura. na`shock ako. akala ko mga 5k tlga siya. pero ok narin un, crisis ngaun. hehe.

@ ayel: oo nga eh, wala parin. oh, zambo ka? eh panu kung ikaw ang manalo? lol!

@ sheng: hi ate sheng. it was nice meeting you too. i was shocked na andun din kayo. hehe. tadhana nga naman. sure, count me in. :D

ROSILIE said...

hello jes!
It was nice knowing you too last night. Parang old friend kaagad.hehehehhe!
Di ko pa nasulat itong post for David.waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Hope to see you again. You can call me Ate Rose or Beauty Rose.hahahhaha!

jes said...

hi ate rosilie. hehe. 'twas nice knowing you too. oo nga eh, magaan ang loob, parepareho lang kasing blogger eh. Oopss. post mo na po, ngaun ang deadline. hehe.

hope to be with those kind of affairs too. hehe. ulit. :)

Tanchi said...

panalo!!!!!!!!! :p